A special cleanliness drive, Swachh Delhi Abhiyan has been launched in the national capital Delhi to remove debris and garbage lying in various localities.
The drive was launched by Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu and shall continue in New Delhi till the end November 2015 month.
- Launched as part of Union Government’s flagship Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- It is being undertaken up by the Union Government, Delhi government and all the three Municipal Corporations of Delhi.
- Under the campaign, 3 municipal bodies in Delhi will clear the garbage and the concrete waste will be lifted by the Public Works Department (PWD) of Delhi government.
- Earlier, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had launched a special mobile application to give a push to the drive.
- Using this app and appilication people can send photographs of debris and garbage lying in their areas so that the concerned agencies could take steps to remove them.