T S Papola Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Noted labour economist Dr. T.S. Papola passed away in New Delhi. He was 74.
He had served as an advisor with the erstwhile Planning Commission of Union Government for eight years from 1987 to 1995.
About Dr. T.S. Papola
- Papola was specialised in labour and employment, industrial economics, development planning, regional development and enterprise development.
- Teaching career: Papola had over 4 decades of experience in teaching, research and advisory assignments.
- He had taught at the various universities in India and abroad including in University of Lucknow and Bombay, Indian Institute of Management (Ahmedabad) and University of Cambridge, UK.
- Consultative and Advisory Roles: Papola had served as Chairman and Member of several State and National level bodies including the Prime Minister’s Advisory Council on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
- He also had worked in consultative and advisory capacities with multiple international organisations such as UNCTAD, ILO, UNIDO, UNDP and UNICEF.
- Associated Institutions: He was founder member and former director and honorary professor at the Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID), New Delhi.
- He also had severed as Chairman of Lucknow based Giri Institute of Development Studies.
- He was founder member of New Delhi based Institute for Human Development (IHD) and Chairman of the 4th State Finance Commission (SFC) of Uttarakhand.
- Books: Papola had authored 14 books and around 80 research papers in reputed journals. He also had edited a 10-volume series on Labour regulation in Indian industry.
- Awards and Honours: VKRV Rao Young Social Scientist Prize for outstanding contribution in Economics (1984), VKRV Rao Lifetime Achievement Award for contribution to Social Science, Kautilya Award (2007) by the UP-Uttarakhand Economic Association.