TB Free India Campaign Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Tuberculosis (TB) Free India Campaign after he inaugurated Delhi End-TB Summit in New Delhi.
The summit was co-hosted by Union Health Ministry, World Health Organisation (WHO) South East Asia Regional Office and Stop TB Partnership. It set stage for September 2018 United Nations High-Level Meeting on TB, where for first time, TB will be discussed in UN General Assembly (UNGA) at Heads of State level.
TB Free India Campaign
- The campaign aims to take activities of National Strategic Plan (NSP) for TB elimination forward in Mission mode. It will have funding of over Rs. 12,000 crore over next three years.
- It sets deadline to eradicate TB from the country by 2025, five years ahead of global target of 2030 mentioned in the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The motto of NSP under the campaign is to ensure every TB patient has access to quality diagnosis, treatment, and support.
- It adopts multi-pronged approach which aims to detect all TB patients with emphasis on reaching TB patients seeking care from private providers and undiagnosed TB in high-risk populations.
- It will treat all patients irrespective of where they seek care by adopting patient-centric approach and prevent emergence of TB in susceptible population groups and build empowered institutions and human resources to streamline implementation.