Two Indian technology tycoons Azim Premji chairman of Wipro and Shiv Nadar founder of HCL bagged place in Top 20 on Forbes’ first ever list of ‘100 Richest People In Technology’.
As per the Forbes list of ‘top 100 richest people in technology’ Azim Premji with net worth of $17.4 billion ranked 13th followed by Shiv Nadar on the 14th spot with net worth $14.4 billion.
Two Indian-origin technology czars Romesh Wadhwani and Bharat Desai are also in the list, they were ranked 73rd and 82nd respectively.
- American billionaires dominate the list occupying 51 slots followed by Asia Tech barons, with 33 people hailing from that region.
- Eight Europeans made to the list two from the Middle East and one from Latin America.
- The world’s 100 richest tech billionaires are worth $842.9 billion.
- The list spotted only seven women among them Laurene Powell Jobs, the widow of Apple’s late chief Steve Jobs was the wealthiest, with an estimated net worth of 21.4 billion dollars.
- World’s richest Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates ranks number one among tech tycoons too with a net worth of $79.6 billion.
- Oracle CEO Ellison ceded second spot with a net worth estimated at $50 billion.
- Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos ranked third with net worth of $47.8 billion.
- Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg ranked fourth with net worth of $41.2 billion.
- Google co-founder Larry Page and Sergey Brin ranked fifth and sixth.
- Alibaba chief Jack Ma spotted seventh.