Telangana government’s Prati Inta e-Sakshatha programme for e-literacy Current Affairs
Telangana government starts ‘Prati Inta e-Sakshatha’ programme under NDLM to e-literate 30,000 persons
Telangana government has started pilot project of National Digital Literacy Mission (NDLM) in a mandal each in four districts. This national mission in state is being named as ‘Prati Inta e-Sakshatha’ programme.
This pilot project initiative aims to make one person in every household e-literate and seeking to cover 30 thousand persons under it.
Four mandals along with each four districts for pilot project are:
- Gajwel mandal in Medak district.
- Suryapet mandal in Nalgonda district.
- Sircilla mandal in Karimnagar district.
- Achampet mandal in Mahabubnagar district.
Key facts of the ‘Prati Inta e-Sakshatha’ programme
- It is an initiative of Information Technology, Electronics and Communications Department of Telangana state.
- Objective: To make at least one person in the 14- 60 age group in every household e-literate in order to ensure that he/she can operate computer and mobile phone, send and receive emails besides surfing the Internet.
- Under this pilot programme, 4 mandals will get NDLM learning centres, where training and assessments will be conducted, at locations easily accessible to the beneficiaries.
- Two courses will be offered, one for 20 hours and another spread over 40 hours
- In the first phase, a total of 30,000 people mostly with rural background will be trained by March 2015.