Telecommunication Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has set the limit for concessional SMS at 100 per day per SIM. This will be implemented in 15 days.
As per the directives:
- There is no maximum limit for SMS, but consumers will be charged not less than 50 paisa per SMS once it crosses 100 a day.
- To curb unregistered telemarketers sending bulk promotional SMSs using machines, access providers have been asked to work out a solution within the next three months, which will ensure that no commercial SMSs are sent containing same or similar characters or strings or variants from any source or number.
- Mobile operators will have to set-up a web-based complaint registering system and a dedicated e-mail address to receive such complaints on spam messages and calls.
Why such measures?
These steps are aimed at restricting unsolicited SMS and calls which continue to be a problem for mobile users. The new measures come in the back drop of misuse even after the regulator has imposed the SMS Spam Guidelines.
Consumers can register a complaint through SMS by forwarding the SMS to 1909 after appending the telephone number and date of receipt of the SMS.
Month: Categories: Governance & Politics
As per the ‘Scoreboard’ report by analyst firm Wireless Intelligence, Bharti Airtel with over 250 million mobile subscribers is world’s fourth-largest operator in terms of subscribers. Airtel overtook Telefónica of Spain to reach this position.
Top 4 Mobile Operators Rankings
- China Mobile
- Vodafone Group
- American Movil Group
- Bharti Airtel
- Reliance Communications 8th position
- Idea Cellular 14th position
Month: Categories: Business, Economy & Banking