Telugu film Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Veteran multilingual film producer Daggubati Ramanaidu has passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana. He was 78 and was suffering from prostate cancer.
D Ramanaidu was popularly known as movie mogul and was the only Indian filmmaker to produce movies in so many languages including in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi and English.
About Daggubati Ramanaidu
- D Ramanaidu was born on 6 June 1936 in Karamchedu village of Prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh.
- Film career- In his early life before getting into film industry, he had taken several odd jobs such as rice mill business and a bus transport business in Karamchedu.
- In 1960’s he started Suresh Productions and in 1964, made debut as producer in film Raamudu Bheemudu.
- In 1980’s he had established Rama Naidu Studios in Hyderabad.
- He holds the Guinness Book of World Records for the most films produced by an individual, as he has produced more than 150 films in 13 Indian languages.
- Political career- He was a member of parliament (MP) in the 13th Lok Sabha from 1999–2004. He had represented Telugu Desam Party (TDP) from Bapatala constituency of Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh.
- Awards- He was conferred with the Dada Saheb Phalke Award (2009) and Padma Bhushan (2012) in recognition for his contribution to Telugu cinema.
- Film awards- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Bengali- Asukh (1999), Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu)- Jeevana Tarangalu (1973), Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu)- Soggadu (1976), Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award- South (2000)
- His Preminchu movie has won 5 Nandi Awards during the year 2001 – 2002.