TEQIP Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the proposal for initiation of the Third Phase of Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP).
The project will be implemented as a Central Sector Scheme with total project outlay of 3600 crore rupees.
The Focus States in 3rd Phase of TEOIP are
- 3 Hill States: Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand.
- 6 Low Income States: Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh
- 8 North-Eastern States: It includes seven sisters plus Sikkim.
- Besides, Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands is also focused UT under the 3rd Phase of the Programme.
The major outcomes of TEQIP
- Better academic standards, through filling up faculty positions, training faculty in better teaching methods, accreditation, improved research outputs in institution in Focus States/UTs.
- Better administration of the institutions with improved financial and academic autonomy.
- Better systems for assessment of higher transition rates and student learning.
- Expeditious and transparent release of funds to institutes by way of Direct Funds Transfer (DFT) System.
- The TEQIP was launched in 2003 with World Bank assistance as a long term programme to be implemented in three phases.
- TEQIP-I commenced in 2003 and ended on March 31st, 2009. It covered 127 institutes across 13 States including 18 Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs).
- TEQIP-II commenced in August 2010. It had covered 23 States/Union Territories (UTs) and 191 Institutes (including 26 CFTIs). TEQIP-II will conclude in October, 2016.
- Both phases of the programme had a positive impact on the infrastructure and educational standards in the technical institutions where they were taken up.