TERI Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first edition of World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
The summit was organised by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) with the theme Beyond 2015: People, Planet and Progress.
- WSDS has replaced TERI’s earlier called Delhi Sustainable Development Summit (DSDS). The first DSDS was organised in 2005.
- It underscored need for businesses and private sector to take lead in poverty reduction and to ensure rapid and sustained adoption of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- It had brought together Nobel laureates, decision-makers political leaders from around the world to deliberate on issues related to sustainable development.
- The aim of the summit is to provide various stakeholders a single platform in order to provide long-term solutions for the benefit of the global community.
- 2016 WSDS also hosted events like World CEO Sustainability Summit, Thematic Tracks, Media Colloquium, Youth Leaders and Greenovation Exhibition.
For more information: About TERI
Tags: Environment • Events • National • President Pranab Mukherjee • Sustainable Development
Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling was honoured with prestigious Sustainable Development Leadership Award of the The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
He was presented with the award by President Pranab Mukherjee during “World Sustainable Development Summit” in New Delhi.
The award bestowed upon him in recognition of his vision and leadership in environment and sustainable development that made Sikkim India’s first into a fully organic state.
- Sikkim is only state in India that has attained the official status of fully organic state in January 2016 announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Around 75,000 hectares of land in Sikkim has been converted into certified organic farms following the guidelines as prescribed by National Programme for Organic Production.
- Sikkim contributes around 80,000 tonnes of organic production out of total 1.24 million tonnes of recorded production in India.
For more details: Sikkim, India’s First Organic State
Tags: awards • Pawan Chamling • Persons in News • Sikkim • TERI