Thaawarchand Gehlot Current Affairs - 2020
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot released Braille Edition of ‘Exam Warriors’, a book authored by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi. The release of Braille version of ‘Exam Warriors’ took place at a time when Exams of Secondary and Higher Secondary Standards are fast approaching.
About Braille Edition of ‘Exam Warriors’
The Braille Edition of book will be available in Hindi and English. It has been printed by Braille Press of ‘Rajasthan Netraheen Kalyan Sangh’ in Jaipur.
The book contains a detailed-deion of animated picture as well as various yoga asanas which will let students imagine pictorial graphics with ease. With this Braille edition, millions of visually-impaired students of country who face mental stress will be able to derive motivation and mental strength during examinations. The book will also boost confidence level of these students and help them get success in various competitive exams.
Tags: Book Release • Braille • Exam Warriors • Narendra Modi • Rajasthan Netraheen Kalyan Sangh
President Ram Nath Kovind will be conferring ‘Vayoshreshtha Samman-2019’ on Eminent Senior Citizens & Institutions in recognition of their services towards the cause of elderly persons on 3 October 2019. The awards will be conferred at a function organized by Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi and Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot will preside over the function.
About Vayoshreshtha Samman
It is a scheme of awards which was instituted by Union Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (D/o Social Justice & Empowerment) and gradually upgraded to status of National Awards. These awards are presented as part of celebration of International Day of Older Persons (IDOP) on 1st October. The day is celebrated every year on 1st October since the year 2005.
Objective: The Awards are intended-
- To show case Government’s concern for senior citizens and its commitment towards them with the aim of strengthening their legitimate place in society.
- To provide an opportunity to younger generation to understand contribution of elderly in building of society and nation.
It is awarded to–
- Institutions which are involved in providing distinguished service for the cause of elderly persons (especially indigent senior citizens)
- Eminent senior citizens in recognition of their service and achievements
- Individuals from any part of the country
The recipients are drawn from diverse fields and nominations are invited from Governmental and Non-Governmental Agencies.