The Death of Judge Loya Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Nileena M. S authored Article ‘Coalgate 2.0’ wins Asian College of Journalism’s Award for Investigative Journalism, 2018
Article titled ‘Coalgate 2.0’, authored by Nileena M. S. and published in March 2018 issue of ‘The Caravan’ magazine, won Asian College of Journalism’s Award for Investigative Journalism, 2018.
- The article investigates allotment of ‘captive coal blocks’ in Parba East and Kanta Basan regions of Chhattisgarh.
- It explores deforestation, re locations of people, loss of livelihood, and denial of forest rights to tribals.
- It revealed how a joint venture between Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (power-corporation of Rajasthan Government) and Adani Enterprises Limited continues to function on basis of agreements that date earlier to September 2014 landmark judgement of Supreme Court, which cancelled almost all existing permissions for captive mining of coal blocks.
- It is an excellent example of investigative journalism in field of financial reporting.
About ACJ Award for Investigative Jounalism
- It is instituted by Asian College of Journalism, with support of Media Development Foundation.
- It recognises and encourage best works of investigative journalism produced for Indian readers, viewers and audiences in order to promote journalism in public interest.
- It is an award for Print and online/digital/multimedia (newspapers, magazines, websites and others) portals or platforms.
- It comprises of trophy, a citation and a cash prize of Rs.2,00,000 (rupees two lakhs).
- Criteria: The piece should be solid work of investigative journalism, combined with extensive research uncovering new evidence to reveal a truth, hitherto unknown to most, and must be of essential public interest
- Other stories awarded Special Mentions are: “The Chronicle of Crime Fiction That is Adityanath’s Encounter Raj” written by Neha Dixit for The Wire and “The Death of Judge Loya” authored by Nikita Saxena for The Caravan magazine.