Tihayu Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE) has handed over Tihayu, a Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC) to the Indian Navy.
The warship was handed over to the Indian Navy’s Commanding Officer Cdr Ajay Kashov by Rear Admiral (Retd) AK Verma, CMD of GRSE.
About WJFAC TIHAYU
- It is follow-on WJFAC ship named after Tihayu island in the Andaman. It is improved version of Fast Attack Crafts earlier built by GRSE for Indian Navy.
- It has been fitted with 3 water jet propulsion systems. They are powered by marine diesel engines generating 2720 KW of power.
- It measures 48 X 7.5 metres. It has displacement of around 315 Tons, besides has an endurance of around 2000 nautical miles at 12-14 knots speed.
- It has been fitted with CRN-91 indigenous 30mm Gun which provides Artillery fire support to ship during attack missions.
- It has an efficient hull developed by the in-house Design Centre of GRS. Besides, the warship has proved by extensive model testing to achieve speeds in excess of 35 knots.