Tikka Shatrujit Singh Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Tikka Shatrujit Singh (54), the royal scion of Kapurthala’s Ahluwalia dynasty, has been conferred with the prestigious Knight of the Legion of Honour by the French Government.
He was presented with this honour by the French ambassador to India Francois Richier in a ceremony held in New Delhi.
He was bestowed with this prestigious award for his extraordinary work in the exchanging the French lifestyle and Indian culture with each other.
About Tikka Shatrujit Singh
- Tikka Shatrujit Singh is famously known as guru of luxury.
- He is the Advisor to the Chairman of multinational group Moët Hennessy-Louis Vuitton (LVMH).
- He is the great-grandson of Maharaja Jagatjit Singh of Kapurthala who was a celebrated Francophile.
- He worked in the banking sector for 10 years. In 1995, he joined LVMH as the Chief Representative in Asia.
- He is also known for his endeavours to preserve the intangible and tangible heritage of Kapurthala, which is considered as a blend of Indo-French architectural styles.
About Knight of the Legion of Honour
- The Legion d’Honneur (in English: Knight of the Legion) was instituted by famous French emperor Napoleon Bonaparte in 1802.
- It is the highest civilian award given by the French Government for outstanding service to France, regardless of the nationality of the recipients.