Tourism Ministry Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Tourism Ministry and Google launches 360-degree Virtual Reality experience video on Incredible India
Google Arts & Culture in partnership with Ministry of Tourism has unveiled 360-degree virtual reality (VR) video for global ‘Incredible India’ tourism campaign. As part of it, Google Arts & Culture will provide users with immersive 360-degree view of India’s heritage, festivity, spirituality and adventure.
The video showcases 360-degree view of some of most iconic destinations in India including Delhi’s Qutab Minar, Hampi’s Vitthala Temples, Amritsar’s Golden Temple and Goa’s easygoing vibe. The video has been created using best of 360-degree video capture technology, including Google’s Yi Halo camera and music in the video has been inspired by rhythms and melodies of regions depicted in it.
Union Tourism Ministry has launched National Monuments Authority Web Portal called NOC Online Application and Processing System (NOAPS).
The web portal will provide single window clearance for applicants to get no-objection certificates (NoC) within six working days for construction-related works near the 3,686 protected monuments in the country.
Under the present rules, hundred meters area around the monument is a prohibited zone. While the area between 100 to 300 metres is regulated zone for which no-objection certificate is needed for construction-related works. The time limit for availing NoC was 90 days.
- The portal uses the technology of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for mapping-related service.
- Using it the applicant needs to fill up a single form which will be sent to the concerned agencies by the local body from whom no objection certificate is required. T
- In the initial phase, the web portal integrates NMA’s portal with the online portal of local bodies of Delhi and Mumbai.
- Government also has developed user friendly Mobile App which can be downloaded free of cost by an applicant.
- The application can use the app to upload the geo coordinates of his plot which falls within the prohibited and regulated area of the monument.
However, large projects involving construction of building beyond 2000 square metres have been kept out of the purview of this single window clearance system, keeping in view their possible impact on the Monument or the site.