Tourism Sector Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India has won the First Prize in the category of TV Cinema Spot at the prestigious international Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019.
The promotional films/television commercials produced as part of its Incredible India 2.0 Campaign by the Ministry of Tourism have received the awards:
- Yogi of the Racetrack.
- The Reincarnation of Mr. and Mrs. Jones.
- Sanctuary in Paris.
- Maharani of Manhattan.
- The Masala Master Chef.
Golden City Gate Tourism Multi-media Awards
Golden City Gate Tourism Multi-media Awards are the annual awards for the various categories related to the Tourism and Hospitality sectors. The patron of the award is the Federal Association of German Film and Av Producers e.V. in Wiesbaden. The awards would be presented at the ITB Berlin, the world’s leading tourism trade show. The awards are given to countries, cities, regions and hotels in various categories.
Incredible India 2.0 Campaign
Incredible India 2.0 Campaign is a campaign of the Ministry of Tourism to promote Indian Tourism. The 2.0 campaign marked a shift from generic promotions across the world to market specific promotional plans and content creation.
Thematic promotions on different Niche tourism products have been produced and are being used in the Campaign, to cater to diverse consumer interests. These thematic promotions include Commercials on Yoga, Wellness, Wildlife, Luxury and Cuisine. The thematic commercials are produced in English with voice-overs in 9 international languages, viz. German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Arabic.
Tags: Arabic • Chinese • French • German • Incredible India • Incredible India 2.0 Campaign • International Golden City Gate Tourism Awards • International Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019 • Italian • ITB–Berlin • Japanese • Korean • Ministry of Tourism • Russian • Spanish • Tourism Sector
The Union Cabinet Narendra Modi has approved signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Korea for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
Objectives of MoU
- Expand bilateral cooperation in tourism sector
- Increase exchange of information and data related to tourism
- Encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders including hotels and tour operators
- Establish exchange programmes for cooperation in Human Resources Development (HRD)
- Encourage Investment in Tourism and Hospitality sectors
- Exchange visits of tour Operators, decision or opinion makers, media for promotion of two-way tourism.
- Exchange experience in areas of promotion, marketing destination development and management.
- Encourage participation in travel fairs/exhibitions in each other’s country
- Promote safe, honorable and sustainable tourism.
India and South Korea have enjoyed strong diplomatic and long economic relationship. Both countries are now desiring to strengthen and further develop established relationship in field of tourism. South Korea is one of leading tourist generating markets for India from East Asia region. Signing of this MoU will be instrumental in increasing arrival in India from this source market.