Tourism Sector Current Affairs
The Union Cabinet Narendra Modi has approved signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Korea for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
Objectives of MoU
- Expand bilateral cooperation in tourism sector
- Increase exchange of information and data related to tourism
- Encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders including hotels and tour operators
- Establish exchange programmes for cooperation in Human Resources Development (HRD)
- Encourage Investment in Tourism and Hospitality sectors
- Exchange visits of tour Operators, decision or opinion makers, media for promotion of two-way tourism.
- Exchange experience in areas of promotion, marketing destination development and management.
- Encourage participation in travel fairs/exhibitions in each other’s country
- Promote safe, honorable and sustainable tourism.
India and South Korea have enjoyed strong diplomatic and long economic relationship. Both countries are now desiring to strengthen and further develop established relationship in field of tourism. South Korea is one of leading tourist generating markets for India from East Asia region. Signing of this MoU will be instrumental in increasing arrival in India from this source market.
The first India Tourism Mart (IMT) will be held in New Delhi from 16 September 2018 to create a global tourism mart for India on lines of major international travel marts. It will be organized by Ministry of Tourism in partnership with Federation of Associations in Indian Tourism and Hospitality (FAITH). India Convention Promotion Board (ICPB) will coordinate the whole event.
India Tourism Mart (IMT)
The objective of first IMT will be to create annual Global Tourism Mart for India in line with major international travel marts being held in countries across the world. It will provide platform for all stakeholders in tourism and hospitality industries to interact and transact business opportunities. It will provide platform for States to showcase their products to international buyers, opinion makers and bloggers and attract more tourists to their respective states.
Over 300 international buyers from markets like North America, West Europe, East Asia and Latin America, influencers and bloggers are expected to attend the event. It will also provide opportunity to buyers to see the world class tourism facilities available in India like airports, tourist destinations, hotels, upcoming facilities and possibility in field of adventure tourism.