Traffic Rules Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Road Safety Week was initiated by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways with an aim to raise public awareness about traffic rules and ultimately reduce casualties due to road accidents. Charitable Organizations, Non-Government Organizations and Private firms across the country join hand with the government to provide logistic support to the Road Safety Week Campaign.
The Road safety week is observed annually to make people more aware of the traffic rules and to persuade them to follow rules while on road.
Road Safety Week 2019
India is celebrating the 30th Road Safety Week from 04th February (Monday) to the 10th February (Sunday). The following activities are organised as part of the Road Safety Week 2019:
- Road safety leaflets including roses, chocolates and flowers are distributed to the travellers on the road.
- Commuters are sensitized about the methods and necessities of the road safety means they must understand the use of helmets or seat belts while driving on the road or anywhere.
- Various painting and drawing competitions, road safety announcements, exhibitions, road rules test, girls scooter rally to encourage the use of helmets, debates on road safety at the All India Radio, workshops, seminar and etc activities are organized.
- Free medical checkup camps and driving training workshops are organized for the drivers to encourage them towards road safety.
- Road safety quiz competitions are also organized to promote people about road safety.
- Traffic safety games including card games, puzzles, board games and etc are organized to educate school children about road safety.
The road accidents are mainly attributed to behavioural tendencies such as habitual flouting of traffic rules like- not wearing a helmet, not wearing a seat belt, jumping traffic lights, over speeding, drunken driving etc. Road Safety Week is aimed at making people aware of the perils of not following traffic rules and the emotional and financial trauma that it could bring to their families.