Transport and Highways Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Jaipur Metro’s Phase-1 was inaugurated by Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje by flagging off the inaugural train.
Phase 1 of Pink City’s Metro covers 9.6 km long route from Mansarovar to Chandpole with nine metro stations.
The phase 1 of Jaipur Metro was completed in record four-and-a-half-years making it one of the fastest-built rail metros in India with cost of 2,023 crore rupees.
Facts about Jaipur Metro’s Phase-1
- Developed by Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (JMRCL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Rajasthan Government.
- Will provide an affordable and reliable public transport system to people and help to spur economic development of the city.
- Up to 30 percent of metro’s operation and maintenance staff, including train operators and station controllers are women.
- Stations are equipped with automatic fare collection system to collect and manage the fare revenue.
With this, Jaipur became the sixth city in India to have metro service. Other five cities are Delhi, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Bangalore, and Kolkata.
It should be noted that, in initial stages for effective execution of the project the Phase-1 work was divided into two parts viz Phase-1A and Phase-1B.
The phase 1A is from Mansarovar to Chandpole has been started with this inauguration while work on phase 1B from Chandpole to Badi Chaupad is underway.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Rajasthan • Transport and Highways
India and United States (US) have signed Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) transportation between both countries.
It was signed by Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari and Anthony Foxx, US Secretary of Transportation in New Delhi.
- The MoC aims at fostering cooperative work between both nations on key issues of mutual interest for all modes of transportation, coordinating public and private sector resources and expertise to advance safe, secure, efficient and integrated transportation systems.
- It seeks to cover areas like urban transportation, highway transportation, safety and environmental protections.
- It will also cover rail transportation, fuel efficiency, vehicle and behavioral safety, intermodal transportation and maritime shipping.
- The MoC will enable India to make use of world’s latest technology which is available with the US for developments of waterways and multi-modal hub projects.