Tribal Development Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs launched the Van Dhan Internship Programme on October 17, 2019. Under the ministry, the program will be organized by the TRIFED (Tribal cooperative marketing Development Federation of India). The program will train the interns and the interns will help the tribal population in becoming self reliant and entrepreneurs.
Highlights of the program
- 18 interns from the reputed Government institutes of social work/ social services/ management institutions/ rural management will be participating in the program
- The interns will be the pioneer field workers of the program
- They will have inclination towards matters related to tribal livelihood.
- The period of internship is 6 months.
- The interns are to be provided proper training for a week.
TRIFED was established in 1987. The objective of the organization is to provide good price for the goods and products made or collected by the tribal people. It fixes prices for the goods collected by them.
Objectives of TRIFED
- To ensure sustainable harvest and fair price for the “Minor Forest Produce”.
- To protect the tribes from exploitation of business men
- TRIFED arranges for compensation of the price of the products produced by the tribal population fluctuates.
- It provides adequate training to the tribes to increase value addition to their products.
Tags: Ministry of Tribal Affairs • Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) • Tribal Development • TRIFED • Van Dhan internship program
The GOAL (Going Online As Leaders) program aims to inspire, guide and encourage tribal girls across India to become village level digital leaders for their community. The program was launched by Facebook to empower women by providing digital literacy, leadership, life skills and entrepreneurship skills. In order to become a beneficiary of the program the girls should be above 18 years of age and should have dropped out of school. Also, it is important that the girl is of tribal origin.
The Union Minister of Tribal Affairs recently announced the second phase of the program. The first phase of the program was launched in March 2019.
Highlights of the second phase
- The Facebook and the Ministry of Tribal Affairs will together mentor 5,000 young women in India’s tribal dominated districts
- The program includes weekly one-to-one mentoring sessions. It focuses on online safety, entrepreneurship, etc.
- More than 125 young women have enrolled in the program