Tribes Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The annual socio-religious Solung festival of Adi tribe has started in Arunachal Pradesh.
Solung is 5-day long agro-based festival is celebrated every year by the Adi tribe in the first week of September.
- The Solung festival reflects the socio-religious features of the Adi tribe of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Adi or ‘Bangni-Boker lhoba ’people are the major collective tribes living in the himalayan hills of ‘Nyingchi’ prefecture in Arunachal Pradesh.
- To mark the celebrations, people perform various rituals and make offerings to gods and goddesses during the celebration and pray for a bumper harvest.
- During the celebration, Mithun (Great Indian Bison) which is considered as holy animal and occupies an important religious significance among the Adis is sacrificed.
- People present gifts of meat and Apong (rice beer) to neighbours and relatives on the occasion thus cementing family and social relationships.
- The festival also reflects care and protection of animals which are vital components of their family and social life of Adi tribe.