Twitter Seva Current Affairs
The Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has launched Twitter Seva to directly engage with citizens in country and abroad, tourists and business travellers for speedy resolution of their visa and passport queries.
Twitter Seva will enable the MEA, through its Twitter handle (@MEAIndia) to strengthen its primary relationship with Indian citizens by providing fast, efficient and real-time public services.
- The Twitter Seva service will be supported by 198 Twitter accounts of Missions and High Commissions across the world and 29 Regional Passport Offices (RPOs) in India.
- Both Indians and non-Indians register their relevant query simply with their tweet with MEA Twitter account.
- The request will activate the concerned office nationally or across the world and address a various range of issues under the MEA.
- The global roll-out of Twitter Seva will enable timely, transparent and large scale response to citizen Tweets in real-time.
- It will enhance scalability and expedite the process dealing with requests by Indian and global citizens.
The Union Commerce and Industry Ministry has launched a new service Twitter Seva to address issues and grievances of startups, exporters and importers, and other stakeholders.
In this regard, an institutionalised mechanism with a special Twitter cell has been created in the Ministry which is manned by a set of dedicated officers of the Ministry.
- Twitter Seva will address various queries of startups in a time-bound manner.
- In it, anyone who wants to access government irrespective of any department, they can put their queries using the hashtag – ‘#mociseva’ on micro blogging site twitter.
- The Union Commerce and Industry Ministry would try to respond to the queries within 48 to 72 working hours.
- Queries on matters relating to Department of Commerce and Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) will be answered through this service.
- It will also address queries regarding the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), , SEZs, Directorate General of supplies and Disposals, tea, rubber, coffee, spices, Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA).
- Issues related to manufacturing policy, investment promotion, industrial corridors, Startup India, Make in India, FDI, intellectual property rights will be also addressed.