An India-born academician Surya Deva has been appointed as the United Nations (UN) Adviser on Human Rights and Businesses.
He was appointed by the Geneva-based UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) as the Asia-Pacific representative of the UN Working Group on the issue of human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises.
About Surya Deva
- Surya Deva is an associate professor at the School of Law of City University of Hong Kong.
- His research interests lie in Business and Human Rights, India-China Constitutional Law, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainable Development.
- In 2014, he was elected a Member of the Executive Committee of the International Association of Constitutional Law.
- Recently he had written a background paper for India’s National Framework on Business and Human Rights.
- He is one of the founding Editors-in-Chief of the Business and Human Rights Journal. He also sits on the Editorial Board of the Netherlands Quarterly of Human Rights.