Union Finance Minister Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled the new series of visually impaired friendly coins of various denominations.
About the Coins
- The coins are of denomination Rs. 1, Rs. 2, Rs. 5, Rs. 10 and Rs.20.
- Rs 20 coin, the first-ever coin offering in Rs 20 denomination, has been created in the shape of a 12-edged polygon with a design of grains to denote farm dominance of the nation.
- Other than Rs 20 coins others are in round shape.
- The new series of coins are characterized by the increasing size and weight from lower to higher denominations.
- The coins designed by the National Institute of Design has been produced by Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited and the Finance Ministry.
About Rs 20 Coin
- The face of the coin has the Lion Capitol of Ashoka Pillar with ‘Satyamev Jayate’ in Hindi inscribed below. The left periphery has the word ‘Bharat’ in Hindi and on the right periphery has the word “INDIA” in English.
- On the reverse denominational value “20” is inscribed in international numerals below the symbol of Rupee.
- The reverse side of the coin also has grains depicting the agricultural dominance on the left periphery of the coin.
- The top right and bottom right peripheries bear the word ‘Bees Rupaye’ in Hindi and “TWENTY RUPEES” in English.
This new series of coins with various differentiating features will aid the visually impaired. These new coins will facilitate the visually impaired to do transactions with ease together with instilling confidence in them.
The Union Government in the interim budget 2019 unveiled its vision for 2030, listing 10 dimensions to create an India where poverty, malnutrition, littering and illiteracy would be a matter of the past.
The 10 dimensions of Vision 2030 listed in the interim budget 2019 are:
Physical & Social Infrastructure
Building next-generation infrastructure in all sectors comprising roads, railways, seaports, airports and inland waterways together with social infrastructure is the first dimension to provide ease of living.
Building a “Digital India” that reaches every corner of the economy and every citizen.
Clean & Green India
An India that drives electric vehicles, with renewables becoming a major source of energy, bringing down import dependence and increasing energy security for our people is the vision of Clean & Green India.
Expanding of rural industrialization using modern industrial technologies, based on the ‘Make in India’ approach, using grassroot MSMEs and startups across the country.
Clean Rivers with safe drinking water to all Indians using micro-irrigation techniques is the fifth dimension.
Oceans & Coastline
Exploitation of the Blue Economy, to ensure better standards and quality of life for a large number of people living in the coastal areas. Exploiting the potential of India’s long coastline for becoming the strength of the economy.
India becoming the launch-pad of satellites for the World and placing an Indian astronaut into space by 2022 (Project Gaganyaan) is the seventh dimension.
Self-sufficiency in Food Production
Attaining self-sufficiency in food and improving agricultural productivity with an emphasis on organic food.
A healthy India, with a distress-free and comprehensive wellness system for all, is the ninth dimension.
Minimum Government, Maximum Governance
Minimum Government, Maximum Governance with proactive, responsible, friendly bureaucracy and electronic governance is the tenth dimension.
Tags: Clean & Green India • Clean Rivers • Digital India • Gaganyaan • healthy India • India 2030 • interim Budget 2019 • Minimum Government Maximum Governance • Oceans & Coastline • Physical & Social Infrastructure • Rural Industrialization • Self-sufficiency in Food Production • Space • Union Finance Minister • Vision 2030