Union Home Minister Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the BOLD-QIT Surveillance along Dhubri district in Assam on the India Bangladesh border.
- BOLD-QIT stands for Border electronically dominated quick response team interception technique.
- BOLD-QIT Surveillance is part of the Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS).
- BOLD-QIT together with help the Border Security Force (BSF) in curbing all types of cross border crimes it will also provide respite to the troops from round the clock human surveillance.
- BOLD-QIT project involves the data network generated by microwave communication along with other paraphernalia, day and night surveillance cameras, and intrusion detection system.
- These modern gadgets under BOLD-QIT provide feeds to the BSF control rooms on the border and enable BSF Quick Reaction Teams to thwart any possibility of illegal cross border crossing and crimes.
Why the Dhubri Sector along the India-Bangladesh border is critical?
It is in the region of the Dhubri Sector the river Brahmaputra enters into Bangladesh. This region comprises of vast char lands and innumerable river channels. This geography of the region makes the border guarding in the area a daunting task, especially during the rainy season.
Hence the technological intervention along with the physical presence of BSF was envisaged to thwart any possibility of illegal cross border crossing and crimes. BOLD-QIT Surveillance makes the border management system more robust.
Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) and Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal launched
The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched the Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) and Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal as part of the women safety initiatives.
Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO)
The Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) is an online module available to law enforcement agencies at all levels, national, state, district and police station.
It allows the state to undertake real-time monitoring and management of cases of rape to be able to complete the investigation in two months.
ITSSO leverages the existing Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems which is a nationwide network enabling sharing of information between Police Stations, State officers and security agencies.
ITSSO will aid in the effective implementation of the Criminal Law Amendment Act, 2018 mandates completion of investigation and trials in rape cases within two months.
Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal
The government had brought in the Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal to monitor the safe city project introduced in the eight cities which are: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai. The portal will aid in online tracking of deployment of assets and infrastructure.
The safe city project funded through the Nirbhaya Fund is a joint endeavour of city’s police and municipal bodies, The project involves identifying crime hotspots and saturating them with CCTV cameras, drone-based surveillance and deployment of automated number plate reading (ANPR) equipment through an integrated smart control room.
Tags: Ahmedabad • Bengaluru • Chennai • Criminal Law Amendment Act 2018 • Delhi • Hyderabad • Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences • ITSSO • Kolkata • Lucknow • Mumbai • Nirbhaya Fund • Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal • Union Home Minister • Union Minister for Women and Child Development