Union Home Ministry Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Home Ministry has announced setting up of a Terror Monitoring Group (TMG) to ensure synergised and concerted action against terror financing and terror-related activities in Jammu and Kashmir.
Mandate of the Terror Monitoring Group
- Taking action against hardcore sympathisers among government employees including teacher’s etc providing overt or covert support to such activities.
- TMG will act against all registered cases related to terror, terror financing and terror-related activities and bring them to a logical conclusion.
- TMG shall identify all key persons including leaders of the organisations who are involved in supporting terrorism in any form and take concerted action against them. Investigate the networks of various channels being used to fund terror and terror-related activities and take action to stop the flow of such funds.
- TMG will also investigate the network of various channels being used to fund terror and terror-related activities and take coordinated action to stop the flow of such funds.
The seven-member TMG shall be headed by the Jammu and Kashmir additional director general of police (ADGP) and have representatives from the Intelligence Bureau (IB), CBI, NIA, Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), and Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC). The Jammu and Kashmir police inspector-general shall be the seventh member of the TMG. Strangely the Enforcement Directorate (ED), which has attached several properties in terror funding cases, did not find mention in the order.
Tags: CBDT • CBI • CBIC • Central Board of Direct Taxes • Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs • ED • Enforcement Directorate • IB • Intelligence Bureau • Jammu and Kashmir • NIA • Terror Financing • Terror Monitoring Group • Union Home Ministry
Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) will launch a satellite exclusively for the Union Home Ministry to help it in strengthening its frontiers with Pakistan and Bangladesh among others.
Features of the exclusive satellite for Border Management
The important features of the exclusive satellite for Border Management are:
- The exclusive satellite will be utilised for the purpose of using space resources for security, operational planning and border infrastructure development.
- It would strengthen island and border security and facilitate the development of infrastructure in border and island areas.
- A short, medium and long-term plan have been proposed for implementation in five years in close coordination with the ISRO and the Union Defence Ministry for the implementation in a time-bound manner.
- Under short term plan, immediate needs of border guarding forces will be met by procurement of high-resolution imagery and the hiring of bandwidth for communications.
- Under the mid-term plan, one satellite is being launched by the ISRO for the exclusive use of the MHA.
- Under long term plan, the MHA will develop ground segment and network infrastructure to share satellite resources by user agencies, develop a central archival facility for storing various imagery resources and dissemination of the same to user agencies.
The plan for an exclusive satellite has been formulated based on the recommendations made by a task force on the use of space technology in improving border management.