Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh dedicated two Inter-State road projects in the North-Eastern Region.
- The projects inaugurated were 17.47 km long Doimukh-Harmuti Road which links Assam and Arunachal Pradesh and 1.66 km Tura-Mankachar Road provides connectivity between Assam and Meghalaya.
- The roads were developed under the North East Road Sector Development Scheme which is specially focused on inter-State road connectivity in the region and was constructed by National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL).
- The 17.47 km long Doimukh-Harmuti Road linking Assam and Arunachal Pradesh has been completed at a cost of Rs 58.25 crore.
- This 17.47 km stretch provides an important critical transport link in this mountainous terrain across the major rivers Gumto and Gulajoly. Also, river Dikrong flows on the left side of the road.
- 66 km Tura-Mankachar Road which links Assam and Meghalaya has been completed at a cost of Rs. 4.71 Crores.
- The 1.66 km road provides alternative connectivity to Tura and will immensely benefit the people residing in the West Garo Hills District of Meghalaya.
North East Road Sector Development Scheme
North East Road Sector Development Scheme launched during the Financial Year 2015-16 was conceived by the Ministry of DoNER. It is a centrally sponsored scheme for construction/upgradation/ improvement of 433.7 Km long State roads in the North Eastern States of Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Tripura.
Tags: Arunachal Pradesh • Assam • Manipur • Meghalaya • Mizoram • Nagaland • National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited • North East • North East Road Sector Development Scheme • River Dikrong • River Gulajoly • River Gumto • Sikkim • Tripura • Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region