Union Minister for Tourism Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Minister for Tourism K J Alphons delivering the inaugural speech at the 2nd ASEAN-India Youth Summit highlighted the contribution of the of the tourism sector to the GDP as below:
- India’s tourism sector generated USD 234 billion revenue in 2018 and the sector registered a growth of over 19 per cent.
- India was ranked third in the tourism sector, according to the 2018 report of the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC).
- The global revenue growth from tourism sector was five per cent and Indian tourism sector grew by 19.4 per cent.
- 87 per cent of revenue was contributed by domestic tourists and 13 per cent foreign tourists.
- The earnings from foreign tourists were about USD 27 billion.
- The revenue from the foreign tourists grew by about 14 per cent in India compared to global growth of 7 per cent.
- Spiritual tourism contributed around 60-70 per cent of the total domestic tourists.
ASEAN-India Youth Summit
The ASEAN-India Youth Summit aims to provide a platform for youth leaders of both India and ASEAN to engage with each other to develop a resilient and symbiotic relationship between countries.
The ASEAN-India Youth Summit is organised by India Foundation, in collaboration with ASEAN Secretariat and Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India (MEA).
The first India-ASEAN Youth Summit was held in 2017 and the theme was Shared Values, Common Destiny. The second India-ASEAN Youth Summit was held in Guwahati with the theme Connectivity: Pathway to Shared Prosperity.
Tags: ASEAN • ASEAN-India Youth Summit • India Foundation • Ministry of External Affairs • Union Minister for Tourism
Union Minister for Tourism, Shri. K.J. Alphons inaugurated a project under North East India Circuit of Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Ministry of Tourism.
Infrastructure development activities like Tourist Information Centre, Meditation Centre, Organic Eco Tourism centre, Log Huts, Zip Line, Flower Exhibition Centre, Walkways, Souvenir Shops, Cafeteria, Rain Shelters, Wayside Amenity, Last Mile Connectivity, Parking, Public Toilets etc, have been developed under this project.
The circuit is the first ever project in Sikkim under the scheme and encompasses Rangpo– Rorathang- Aritar- Phadamchen- Nathang-Sherathang- Tsongmo- Gangtok-Phodong- Mangan- Lachung-Yumthang- Lachen- Thangu-Gurudongmer- Mangan- Gangtok-Tuminlingee- Singtam.
Swadesh Darshan Scheme
Swadesh Darshan scheme is one of the flagship scheme of the Ministry of tourism for the development of thematic circuits in the country in a planned and prioritised manner. The project is aimed at the development of quality infrastructure in the country with the objective of providing better experience and facilities to the visitors on one hand and on other hand fostering the economic growth.
The 13 thematic circuits under the Swadesh Darshan scheme are North East India Circuit, Buddhist Circuit, Himalayan Circuit, Coastal Circuit, Krishna Circuit, Desert Circuit, Tribal Circuit, Eco Circuit, Rural Circuit, Spiritual Circuit, Ramayana Circuit, Heritage Circuit and Wildlife Circuit.
Swadesh Darshan Scheme is a 100 per cent centrally funded scheme and also provides for leveraging voluntary funding under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives of Central Public Sector Undertakings and corporate sector.
Tags: Buddhist Circuit • Coastal Circuit • Desert Circuit • Eco Circuit • Heritage Circuit