Union Minister of Textiles Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Textiles in association with Central Silk Board had organized an event, Surging Silk – Accomplishment and way forward on 9th February 2019 at in New Delhi.
The event was presided over by Union Minister of Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani and Union Minister of External Affairs, Sushma Swaraj was the chief guest for the event.
Surging Silk – Accomplishment and Way Forward
The Surging Silk – Accomplishment and Way Forward event was conducted to:
- Highlight the growth of the silk industry in India over the past 4 years.
- Distribution of Buniyaad Tasar Silk Reeling Machines to women reelers from tribal areas, as part of total eradication of the age-old practice of thigh reeling.
- Honouring the best achievers of the silk industry across various segments of sericulture.
- Awarding the best performing states.
- The release of melange fabric produced from silk waste.
- The launch of mobile application e-cocoon for quality certification in the silkworm seed sector.
- Releasing of a compendium on Indian silk industry which will be a comprehensive compilation on the status and growth of sericulture and silk industry of each state, plans and programmes launched by the government being implemented across the country and ethnic silk products supported with a directory of important contacts points, to have first-hand information of the industry.
- State sericulture profile.
The Textile Ministry had made elaborate arrangements for participation from different spectrum of the Textile industry in large numbers.