Union Ministry of Culture Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Surajkund International Crafts Mela is organized every year by the Surajkund Mela Authority & Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs.
The state of Maharashtra is the Theme State and Thailand is the Partner Nation Country for the Surajkund International Crafts Mela-2019.
Objectives of the Surajkund International Crafts Mela
The Surajkund International Crafts is organised, managed and run Mela at Surajkund Faridabad with a view
- To promote handicrafts, handlooms with the aid of craftsmen invited from all over the country
- To identify languishing and lesser-known crafts and to introduce them to patrons.
- To display crafts and loom techniques by organising demonstration sections in the Mela grounds.
- To undertake the promotion of export of handlooms and handicrafts.
- To set up an environment in which rural crafts traditions could be displayed and to project the traditional rural ambience of a typical village near Delhi for travellers who may not have the time or means to visit an Indian village.
The Mela also aims to be a custodian of the heritage crafts involving the use of traditional skills that are fading away due to cheap machine-made imitations, and a special section is earmarked for showcasing of these heritage crafts.
The theme state concept was conceptualized broadly with a view to promote and focus on art, craft and cuisine of each state of India every year.
Tags: Haryana Tourism • Surajkund International Crafts Mela • Surajkund Mela Authority • Union Ministry of Culture • Union Ministry of External Affairs • Union Ministry of Textiles • Union Ministry of Tourism
The 17th edition of Bharat Rang Mahotsav has begun in New Delhi. It is a theatre festival, organized by National School of Drama (NSD).
It was inaugurated by Culture Minister Dr Mahesh Sharma and National Award-winning actor and NSD alumnus Om Puri.
This year’s edition will showcase more than 200 national and international theatre performances.
International performances will include theatre productions from countries like Poland, Israel, USA, France and Bangladesh.
Bharat Rang Mahotsav
- It was established in 1999 as an annual theatre festival of National School of Drama (NSD).
- Originally it was founded to show case, works of Indian theatre practitioners but later it got international fame and attracted international performers as well.
- Now it is acknowledged as the largest theatre festival of Asia.
- National School of Drama (NSD) is India’s premier theatre training institute operating under the aegis of Union Ministry of Culture.