Unnat Bharat Abhiyan Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is flagship programme of Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) that aims to enrich Rural India. The second edition (Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0) was launched in April, 2018. Currently 748 institutions are participating under the scheme. In phase II, 605 institutions were selected. Out of these 313 are technical Institutions and 292 are Non-Technical Institutions. 143 institutions had taken part in phase-1.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
The scheme aims to link higher education institutions with set of atleast five villages, so that they can contribute to economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base. Under this scheme, higher education institutions will participate in development activities, particularly in rural areas.
Objective of the scheme are
- To engage faculty and students of higher educational institutions in understanding rural realities.
- Identify and select existing innovative technologies, enable customization of technologies or devise implementation methods for innovative solutions as required by people.
- To allow higher educational institutions to contribute to devising systems for smooth implementation of various Government Programs.
The scheme is inspired by vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge base and resources of premier Institutions of the country to help build the architecture of Inclusive India. It also aims to create virtuous cycle between society and inclusive university system, with latter providing knowledge base, best practices for emerging livelihoods and upgrade capabilities of both public and private sectors.
Under it, institutes through their faculty and students, will carry out studies of living conditions in adopted villages, assess local problems and needs, workout possibilities of leveraging technological interventions and need to improve processes in implementation of various government schemes, prepare workable action plans for the selected villages.
Tags: Government Schemes • Ministry of Human Resource Development • Rural Development • Rural Empowerment • Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
Government is set to launch a new programme, the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan to uplift rural India. This programme will be launched in collaboration with the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) and the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) across the country.
The main idea for launching the programme is to provide definitive research that can be aligned with national development.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. It will be coordinated and steered by IIT Delhi.
Key Points about Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
- The programme, with the help of IITs, NITs and other leading technical institutions will prepare a roadmap for holistic rural development.
- It will involve engaging with communities around each institute and for their upliftment.
- Each IIT will identify 10 villages in its neighbourhood and work out technologies to solve the most pressing issues of the region.
- Different teams from these institutes will visit the villages, identify problems and then aim to find financially-viable schemes.
- Once the solution is identified then they will involve the industry in this to solve the problem.
- Along with the HRD ministry and the institutes, some other ministries such as rural development and NGOs working in villages are also likely to be involved in the programme.
- Some of the problems that the institutes will be looking at are, supply of potable water, sanitation, energy and low cost housing.