Urdu Current Affairs - 2020
The Veteran Urdu poet Anand Mohan Zutshi ‘Gulzar’ Dehlvi passed away after recovering from COVID-19 in less than a week. He was 93.
Mr Gulzar tested positive for COVID-19 early June, 2020. He returned home after recovering from the infection. However, due to his age, the infection left him weak and he died of cardiac arrest.
Gulzar was the editor of “Science ki Duniya”, the only science magazine published in Urdu by the Government of India. It was launched in 1975. He has also set up Urudu schools in India. Gulzar was associated with freedom movements since 1930s. He is a Padmashree awardee.
He was a follower of “Ganga-Jamani Tehzeeb”, a term used to define syncretic Hindu-Muslim culture. He was also a part of number of mushairas namely Jashn-e-Rekhta and Jigar Fest.
Mushairas is a social gathering where Urdu poetry is read and it also conducted as contests.
Syncretism is the union or fusion of different religions and cultures.
Tags: COVID-19 • Gulzar • Hindu • Muslims • Padmashree Award
My Circle App was launched by Bharti Airtel in collaboration with FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO). My Circle app aims to help women in case they face any problem or a panic situation.
My Circle App
- My Circle app enables women to send SOS alerts to any five of their family or friends in 13 languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Punjabi, Bengali, Urdu, Assamese, Oriya, and Gujarati.
- A woman in distress can send an SOS alert by pressing the SOS prompt on the app.
- The SOS alert can also be activated by voice command through Siri on iOS and the statement by Airtel has stated that he voice activation through Google Assistant will soon be available on Android devices also.
- the SOS alert will send the user’s location over SMS to the five contacts selected by the user and advise them to immediately reach out or respond to the emergency situation.
- The app also enables the family or friends to track the location on real time through the link that is sent as part of the alert SM
- The free-to-download app is available on Google Play store (Android) and will be available on the App Store (iOS) soon.
My Circle App is carrier agnostic which would work on phones with any telecom service network, both Airtel and non-Airtel.