Urdu Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
My Circle App was launched by Bharti Airtel in collaboration with FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO). My Circle app aims to help women in case they face any problem or a panic situation.
My Circle App
- My Circle app enables women to send SOS alerts to any five of their family or friends in 13 languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Punjabi, Bengali, Urdu, Assamese, Oriya, and Gujarati.
- A woman in distress can send an SOS alert by pressing the SOS prompt on the app.
- The SOS alert can also be activated by voice command through Siri on iOS and the statement by Airtel has stated that he voice activation through Google Assistant will soon be available on Android devices also.
- the SOS alert will send the user’s location over SMS to the five contacts selected by the user and advise them to immediately reach out or respond to the emergency situation.
- The app also enables the family or friends to track the location on real time through the link that is sent as part of the alert SM
- The free-to-download app is available on Google Play store (Android) and will be available on the App Store (iOS) soon.
My Circle App is carrier agnostic which would work on phones with any telecom service network, both Airtel and non-Airtel.
Tags: Assamese • Bengali • Bharti Airtel • English • FICCI Ladies Organisation
Urdu was declared second official language in Telangana. It was announced by Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao in the state Assembly.
Every office in the state will now have an Urdu speaking officer. State government will appoint Urdu officers in all offices over next 60 days to receive petitions from public and reply them in Urdu. Apart from this, all competitive examinations in the state will also be conducted in Urdu.
Constitutional provision of Official Language
Article 345 of the Constitution deals with Official language or languages of a state which empowers state legislature to adopt ‘any one or more of the languages in use in the State or Hindi as the language or languages to be used for all or any of the official purposes’ of the concerned State.