Urdu Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Renowned Urdu Poet and well known Bollywood lyricist Nida Fazli passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra following a heart attack. He was 78 years old.
He was best known among singers and fans for his elegant presentation of ghazals, nazm and dohaas.
About Nida Fazli
- Nida Fazli was born on 12 October, 1938 in Delhi in a Kashmiri family and was the son of famous poet Murtaza Hasan Baidi.
- At the time of partition, his parents had migrated to Pakistan while he preferred to stay in India.
- Later he shifted to Mumbai and wrote in Dharmayug and Blitz magazines in early days of his career.
- His poetry used both urban and village landscapes to explore nature and human relations. He also had written several songs for Indian films.
- He has 24 books to his credit in Urdu, Hindi and Gujarati languages. Some of his books are assigned as school textbooks in Maharashtra.
- Famous works: Lafzon ke Phool (collection of sher-o-shayari), Mor Naach (collected works) in 1978, Mulaqaten (character-sketches), Aankh aur Khwab ke Darmiyan, Safar Mein Dhuup to Hogi, etc.
- His most acclaimed shers: ‘Duniya jise kehte hain jaadu kaa khilona hai, Mil jaaye to mitti hai, kho jaaye to sona hai’.
- His popular film songs: Tu is tarah se meri zindagi mein (Aap To Aise Na The), Aa bhi jaa (Sur) and Hosh waalon ko khabar (Sarfarosh) etc.
- Awards and Honours: Khusro Award, Best Poetry Award from Maharashtra Urdu Academy, Hindi Urdu Sangam Award, Sahitya Akademi Award (1998).
- He also had won Bollywood Movie Award – Best Lyricist (2003), National Harmony Award and Padma Shri (2013).
- He also had received the Mir Taqi Mir award for his autobiographical novel ‘Deewaron Ke Beech’.
Tags: Bollywood • Current Affairs 2016 • Nida Fazli • Obituary • Persons in News
Legendary Urdu fiction writer, novelist, columnist and poet Intizar Husain passed away in Lahore, Pakistan. He was 93.
He was the first Pakistani and the first Urdu writer ever to be nominated for the prestigious literally award Man Booker International Prize for fiction.
About Intizar Husain
- Born on December 7, 1923 at Dibai in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh in India.
- He had migrated to Lahore in 1947. He did his MA (Urdu) in 1946 from the Meerut College.
- He worked as journalist in various newspapers and had retired from ‘Daily Mashriq’ in 1988.
- His famous books are Kankari, Gali Koochay, Shehr-i-afsos, Din Aur Dastan, Kachhuay, Khaimay Say Door, Morenama Khali, Pinjra and Sheharzad Kay Naam.
- Awards and Honurs: He was conferred the ‘Officer of the Order of Arts and Letters’ by French Government in 2014.
- In 2013, he became first Pakistani and the first Urdu writer to be nominated among the 10 finalists for the Man Booker International Prize for fiction.