Urdu Current Affairs - 2020
Urdu was declared second official language in Telangana. It was announced by Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao in the state Assembly.
Every office in the state will now have an Urdu speaking officer. State government will appoint Urdu officers in all offices over next 60 days to receive petitions from public and reply them in Urdu. Apart from this, all competitive examinations in the state will also be conducted in Urdu.
Constitutional provision of Official Language
Article 345 of the Constitution deals with Official language or languages of a state which empowers state legislature to adopt ‘any one or more of the languages in use in the State or Hindi as the language or languages to be used for all or any of the official purposes’ of the concerned State.
Tags: Chandrashekhar Rao • Official language • States • Telangana • Urdu
Renowned Urdu Poet and well known Bollywood lyricist Nida Fazli passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra following a heart attack. He was 78 years old.
He was best known among singers and fans for his elegant presentation of ghazals, nazm and dohaas.
About Nida Fazli
- Nida Fazli was born on 12 October, 1938 in Delhi in a Kashmiri family and was the son of famous poet Murtaza Hasan Baidi.
- At the time of partition, his parents had migrated to Pakistan while he preferred to stay in India.
- Later he shifted to Mumbai and wrote in Dharmayug and Blitz magazines in early days of his career.
- His poetry used both urban and village landscapes to explore nature and human relations. He also had written several songs for Indian films.
- He has 24 books to his credit in Urdu, Hindi and Gujarati languages. Some of his books are assigned as school textbooks in Maharashtra.
- Famous works: Lafzon ke Phool (collection of sher-o-shayari), Mor Naach (collected works) in 1978, Mulaqaten (character-sketches), Aankh aur Khwab ke Darmiyan, Safar Mein Dhuup to Hogi, etc.
- His most acclaimed shers: ‘Duniya jise kehte hain jaadu kaa khilona hai, Mil jaaye to mitti hai, kho jaaye to sona hai’.
- His popular film songs: Tu is tarah se meri zindagi mein (Aap To Aise Na The), Aa bhi jaa (Sur) and Hosh waalon ko khabar (Sarfarosh) etc.
- Awards and Honours: Khusro Award, Best Poetry Award from Maharashtra Urdu Academy, Hindi Urdu Sangam Award, Sahitya Akademi Award (1998).
- He also had won Bollywood Movie Award – Best Lyricist (2003), National Harmony Award and Padma Shri (2013).
- He also had received the Mir Taqi Mir award for his autobiographical novel ‘Deewaron Ke Beech’.