USTTAD scheme Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Union Minority Affairs organizes “Hunar Haat”. The event intends to provide employment opportunities to traditional culinary experts, artisans and craftsmen. The theme of the events to be organized between 2019 and 2020 will be based on
Theme: Ek Bharat Shresth Bharat
- The artisans will bring indigenous handmade exquisite pieces of bamboo and cane
- The event also includes the participation of Jute products from Assam, marble products from Uttar Pradesh, Copper products from Gujarat, Mangalgiri and Kalamkari products from Andhra Pradesh, Madhubani painting from Bihar, rare Ayurvedic herbs from Kashmir, etc.
- The event has proved to effective providing employment opportunities to more than 2 lakh 50 thousand artisans and craftsmen in the last three years.
- A large number of women artisans from various parts of the country will participate in the event
- This will provide traditional delicacy to the visitors
About Hunar Haat
Hunar Haat is an exhibition of handicrafts and traditional products made by artisans from the Minority communities. It is organized by Ministry of Minority Affairs. The scheme aims to establish Hunar Hub in all the states where programs like Hunar Haati and other cultural events are to be organized.
Hunar Haat is organized under USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme.
Tags: Employment • Handicraft Artisans • Hunar Haat • Minority Communities • USTTAD scheme
The Union Ministry of Minority Affairs had organised Hunar Haat at India International Trade Fair (IITF) at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. It displayed exquisite pieces of handicraft and handloom prepared by master artisans from across the country.
The Union Ministry of Minority Affairs is organising Hunar Haat under Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development (USTTAD) scheme at different parts of country. It has become successful mission to provide employment and employment opportunities and national as well international markets for thousands of master artisans, craftsmen and culinary experts. It has provided platform to master artisans and craftsmen to display their rich heritage and skills. It is also providing domestic and international markets to these artisans and craftsmen.
USTTAD scheme of Ministry of Minority Affairs aims at preserving and promoting the rich heritage of traditional arts & crafts of the Minority communities. In light of globalisation & competitive market, these crafts have gradually lost their employability. It also envisages at boosting skill of craftsmen, weavers and artisans who are already engaged in traditional ancestral work.
Tags: Hunar Haat • India International Trade Fair • Ministry of Minority Affairs • USTTAD scheme