Uttar Pradesh Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2018: Haryana ranked Best State, Satara District of Maharashtra ranked Best District
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently conferred Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2018 to top ranked states and districts. Haryana was ranked as best State, Satara District of Maharashtra was ranked as best district. Uttar Pradesh was rewarded for maximum citizens’ participation.
The awards were given at concluding session of Mahatma Gandhi International Sanitation Convention at Rahtrapati Bhawan Cultural Centre. The rankings were based on the National Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018 of the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- Top 3 States: Haryana (1st), Gujarat (2nd) and Maharashtra (3rd).
- Top 3 Districts: Satara (Maharashtra), Rewari (Haryana) and Pedapalli (Telangana).
- States with maximum citizen participation: Uttar Pradesh (1st), Gujarat (2nd) and Maharashtra (3rd).
- Districts with maximum citizens’ participation: Nashik (Maharashtra), Solapur (Maharashtra) and Chittorgarh (Rajasthan).
Zonal Ranking – Top 3 States
- Northern: Haryana (1st), Rajasthan (2nd) and Himachal Pradesh (3rd).
- Southern: Andhra Pradesh (1st), Telangana (2nd) and Karnataka (3rd).
- Eastern: Chhattisgarh (1st), West Bengal (2nd) and Jharkhand (3rd).
- Western: Gujarat (1st), Maharashtra (2nd) and Madhya Pradesh (3rd).
- North-East: Sikkim (1st), Mizoram (2nd) and Meghalaya (3rd).
- Union Territories: Dadar & Nagar Haveli (1st), Daman & Diu (2nd) and Chandigarh (3rd).
Zonal Ranking – Top 3 Districts
- Northern: Rewari (Haryana), Gurgaon (Haryana) and Karnal (Haryana).
- Southern: Peddapalli (Telangana), Thoothukudi (Tamil Nadu) and Warangal (Telangana).
- Eastern: Surajpur (Chhattisgarh), Surguja (Chhattisgarh) and Hazaribagh (Jharkhand).
- Western: Satara (Maharashtra), Patan (Gujarat) and Nashik (Maharashtra).
- North-East: Tawang (Arunachal Pradesh), Aizawl (Mizoram), East Sikkim (Sikkim).
- Union Territories: Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu.
The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation had commissioned Swachh Survekshan Grameen-2018 (SSG 2018) through an independent survey agency to develop ranking of all districts of India on the basis of quantitative and qualitative sanitation (Swachhata) parameters. This ranking was done based on a comprehensive set of parameters including surveys of public places like schools, Anganwadis, PHCs, Bazaars, Panchayat. It also took into consideration citizen’s perception of Swachhata and their recommendations for improvement of program and data from SBM-G. As part of this survey, 6786 villages in 685 districts across India were covered. 27,963 public places namely anganwadis, schools, PHCs, bazaars and religious places in these villages were visited by an independent agency for survey.
The second Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (REINVEST- 2018) was organised by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy in Noida from October 3 to 5, 2018. It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the presence of Secretary General of United Nations Antonio Guterres. 2nd Global RE-INVEST also hosted First Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA) and Meeting of the Energy Ministers of Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) countries.
The 2nd RE-INVEST was aimed at accelerating worldwide effort to scale up renewable energy and connect global investment community with Indian energy stakeholders. It included three-day Conference on renewables, cleantech and future energy choices and expo of renewables-related manufacturers, developers, investors and innovators.
The 2nd RE-INVEST provided great opportunity to various organisations to showcase their business strategies, achievements and expectations. It also facilitated collaboration and cooperation with key stakeholders in India, which have emerged as one of the world’s largest renewable energy markets. It was attended by Ministerial Delegations from across the world, including ISA and IORA Member Countries, over 600 global industry leaders, and 10,000 delegates.
It is global platform to explore strategies for development and deployment of renewables. It was built upon success of RE-Invest 2015 and was organized by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE). It provides international forum to established players as well as new segments of investors and entrepreneurs to engage, ideate and innovate.