Uttar Pradesh [UPPSC] Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
On October 26, 2019, in the city of Ayodhya 4 lakh earthen lamps were lit along the banks of Sarayu river. The event was organized by the Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath. It was the third and largest Deepotsav in Ayodhya after he came to power.
Last year around 3 lakh lamps were lit. The lamp lighting festival comes ahead of SC judgement on Ram Jan Bhoomi.
The Guinness World Record begun in 1955. It is a book of World Records that is published annually listing human achievements and extremes of natural world. It is published in 100 countries in 23 languages.
The river flows through the Indian states of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarkhand. It is formed at the confluence of rivers karnali and mahakali. It is a tributary of River Ganges. At Ayodhya, the birth place of Lord Ram devotees take dip in the Sarayu river. The river has spiritual significance and is well related to epic Ramayan.
Tags: Ayodhya • Government of Uttar Pradesh • Guinness book of World Records • Uttar Pradesh [UPPSC] • Uttarkhand
The Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath launched flagship scheme “Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana”. It was launched in Lucknow for the state of Uttar Pradesh. Smriti Irani, the Union Minister was present in the occasion.
Key Features of the scheme
- The scheme will provide Rs 15,000 to every family where a girl child is born. It will be released in a phased manner.
- The design of the scheme is in such a way that the parents will have to take care of the girl child with proper care with respect to her health and education in order to get the benefit
- The funds will be released when the girl child completes various milestones like vaccination, admission to class 1, 5, 9 and graduation.
- The Kanya Sumangala web portal was also launched along with the scheme.
- The launch of the scheme was conferred with symbolic cheques and certificated to some of the beneficiaries.
- Around 1.25 lakh registrations had already been initiated under the scheme. The girl child born after April 1, 2019 are eligible for the fund.
Tags: Education for Girls • Government of Uttar Pradesh • kanya sumangala yojana • Uttar Pradesh [UPPSC] • Women Empowerment