VHP Current Affairs
Senior Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Ashok Singhal passed away in Gurgaon, Haryana. He was 90 and was suffering from serious respiratory problems.
Singhal was a bachelor and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) pracharak all his life and was the prominent leader of temple movement in Ayodhya i.e. Ramjanmabhoomi movement.
About Ashok Singhal
- Born: 15 September 1926 in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1950, he had completed his bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering from the Benaras Hindu University Institute of Technology.
- After graduation, he became a full time pracharak of right-wing RSS and in 1980, he was deputed as leader of VHP and became its joint general secretary.
- Singhal had served as an international working President of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) for over 20 years.
- He was a key organiser of the first VHP Dharma Sansad which was held in 1984 at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi. This Sansad had given birth to Ramjanmabhoomi temple movement.