Virendra Singh Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Madhya Pradesh has been awarded the 10th national award for excellent work in Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA).
Union Rural Development Minister Virendra Singh presented the award to state’s Panchayats and Rural Development Minister Gopal Bhargava at the MGNREGA summit held on the occasion of MNREGA Divas (observed on 2 February) in New Delhi.
Madhya Pradesh was chosen for this award for convergence of MGNREGA scheme and other schemes, which led to permanent construction of assets and providing opportunities for earning permanent income.
MNREGA Implementation in Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh, there are 1 crore 2 lakh MGNREGA job-card holder families.
- State also has topped in construction of permanent assets through MGNREGA convergence in the country. It accounts for 74 percent construction of permanent assets.
- State also has implemented Electronic Fund Management System, in order to ensure transparency in accountancy and immediate payment of wages to labourers.
About Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
- MGNREGA is social security measure that aims to guarantee the right to work and create durable assets (such as roads, canals, ponds, wells).
- Objective: To ensure livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of wage employment in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
- Initially, it was started in 200 districts on 2 February 2006, since then it has covered all the districts of India from April 2008.