Vrindavan Current Affairs - 2020
Swachh Survekshan Awards are given by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs based on the survey which covered all urban local bodies in the country. The Survey was the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
Swachh Survekshan Awards 2019
- Indore was adjudged India’s cleanest city for the third straight year.
- The second and third positions were clinched by Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh and Mysore in Karnataka.
- Ahmedabad has been named the cleanest big city with a population of more than ten lakh.
- Ujjain has been awarded cleanest medium city having a population between 3 lakh to 10 lakh.
- New Delhi Municipal Council area was given the ”Cleanest Small City” award.
- Uttarakhand’s Gauchar was adjudged the ”Best Ganga Town”.
- Bhopal has been named the cleanest capital.
- Raipur won the ‘Fastest Moving Big City’.
- Mathura-Vrindavan won the tag of Fastest Moving Medium City.
- Chhattisgarh has bagged the top spot in the category of best performing states. Jharkhand is at the second spot while Maharashtra is at the third.
The winners were awarded a statue of Mahatma Gandhi’s memento by the President Ram Nath Kovind.
Tags: Ahmedabad • Ambikapur • Best Ganga Town • Bhopal • Chhattisgarh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi served the three billionth meal of Akshaya Patra, an NGO that works with the government on Mid-Day Meal Scheme. The Prime Minister Served the food to about 20 schoolchildren who are the beneficiaries of the mid-day meal scheme at the Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir campus in the holy city of Vrindavan. Prime Minister also unveiled a ceremonial plaque to mark the serving of “3rd billionth meal” by Akshaya Patra Foundation.
Akshaya Patra Foundation
Akshaya Patra Foundation is a Bengaluru-based not-for-profit organisation Funded by International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON). Akshaya Patra Foundation is an implementation partner for the governments Mid-Day Meal Scheme.
Akshaya Patra Foundation has served meals to more than 1.76 million children in twelve states covering 14,702 schools since its inception. In the year 2016, Akshaya Patra commemorated the serving of 2 billion cumulative meals in the presence of the then President of India Pranab Mukherjee.
Akshaya Patra Foundation is the world’s largest not-for-profit run organisation serving wholesome food to over 1.76 million children every school day from over 14,000 schools across 12 states in India.