West Bengal Assembly Election 2016 Results Current Affairs
Ruling All India Trinamool Congress Party (TMC) under the leadership of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has emerged victorious in the 2016 West Bengal Assembly Election.
TMC has won 211 seats i.e. two-third seats of total 295 seats. Coalition of Indian National Congress (INC) and Left combine has won 76 seats emerging as largest opposition front.
West Bengal Chief Minister and TMC Supremo Mamta Banerjee has won from Bhabanipur Assembly Constituency.
Party wise Result
- All India Trinamool Congress (TMC): 211 seats.
- Indian National Congress (INC): 44 seats.
- Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPI-M): 26 seats.
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP): 3 seats.
- Revolutionary Socialist Party: 3 seats.
- Gorkha Janmukti Morcha: 3 seats.
- Communist Party of India (CPI): 1 seat.
- Independent: 1 seat.
West Bengal legislative assembly election was held for the 294 seats (out of 295 seats). The Election Commission of India had conducted election in six phases between 4 April 2016 and 5 May 2016. The first phase was held in Naxalite-Maoist affected Red corridor areas with two polling dates, April 4 and April 11, 2016.