India and Myanmar have signed 11 Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) in range of sectors, including one on maritime security cooperation.
The MoUs were signed after Prime Minister Narendra Modi held wide-ranging talks with Myanmar’s State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi in Nay Pyi Taw.
It was first bilateral visit of PM Narendra Modi to Myanmar and overall second. The focus of visit was to strengthen cooperation in security and counter-terrorism, trade and investment, infrastructure and energy and culture between both countries.
Signed Agreements are
- MoU on Maritime Security Cooperation
- Cultural Exchange Programme for year 2017-2020
- MoU on Cooperation in Medical Products Regulation
- MoU on cooperation in the field of Health and medicine
- Technical Agreement for providing Coastal Surveillance System
- Exchange of Letter for Extension of MoU on the establishment of MIIT
- MoU for Upgradation of Women’s Police Training Centre at Yamethin, Myanmar
- MoU for Sharing White Shipping Information between Indian Navy and Myanmar Navy
- MoU in the field of elections between Election Commission of India and Election Commission of Myanmar
- Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation between Press Council of India and Myanmar Press Council
- Exchange of Letter for Extension of MoU on establishment of India-Myanmar Centre for Enhancement of IT-Skill