Wipro Current Affairs
Indian Air Force has launched its Electronic Maintenance Management System (e-MMS) Project, an automated military maintenance system.
It was inaugurated by the Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha at the Air Force Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The e-MMS project is one of the largest Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO) IT implementation in the world.
- The project has been designed and developed by the Indian IT giant Wipro. IAF had signed the contract for the project e-MMS with Wipro as a System Integrator (SI) in 2013.
- The e-MMS system has a central console that will help IAF to get rid of paper works and heavy logbooks.
- It seeks to seamlessly connect squadrons, wings, commands, and Air Headquarters after its implementation.
- It will transform IAF’s paper-based legacy maintenance system to an online system as it will be implemented in IAF’s hierarchy and functioning.
- It will help to transform work environment of IAF to become more efficient and also help to monitor the operational availability of all fleets and systems in real time at various hierarchical levels.
India’s third largest IT exporter Wipro Limited has acquired US based healthcare technology firm HealthPlan Services for US 460 million dollars.
This acquisition was part of the Wipro’s traditional “string of pearls” acquisition strategy and it shall help company to strengthen its position in the US health insurance market.
It will help Wipro to participate in the shift of the US health insurance industry towards a customer-centric business model as it has currently has a US 800 million dollars healthcare and life sciences business.
This is Wipro’s overall 4th acquisition in the in calendar year 2015 after it had bought Denmark-based Designit, German IT consulting firm Cellent AG and US-based Viteos Group.
HealthPlan Services: It is a leading independent technology and Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) provider in the US health insurance market that offers solutions to health insurance firms. The company was founded in 1970 and currently generates annual revenue of 223 million dollars and employs over 2,000 associates.