Women Empowement Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) and Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to organise ‘National Organic Festival of Women Entrepreneurs’. The event will be planned and organized through National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM), Sonepat, Haryana. NIFTEM Vice Chancellor has agreed to organize festival annually. NIFTEM is an academic institution under the administrative control of Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
About National Organic Festival of Women Entrepreneurs
- To encourage Indian women entrepreneurs and farmers to connect with buyers as well as empower Indian women through financial inclusion.
- To promote organic food produce in India.
Women and Child Development Ministry will transfer funds to the Vice Chancellor of NIFTEM. The agreement between two ministries calls upon NIFTEM Vice Chancellor to provide Utilisation Certificate at the end of financial year against funds released by Union Ministry of Women and Child Development.
The Mela will promote both organic produce and women entrepreneurs and will also feature organic produce, fabric, cosmetics, pesticides, fungicides and processed food, among other products. The festival will strive towards providing linkages to women producers to market and supply chain, thereby facilitating their financial inclusion.
MoU will start a new kind of agenda in India which is to promote healthy eating and organic eating. It is also an effort to support women who are in business of organic farming and will benefit millions of women across India.
Tags: Ministry of Food Processing Industries • Ministry of Women and Child Development • National Organic Festival of Women Entrepreneurs • NIFTEM • Women Empowement
Actor Deepika Padukone and shuttler PV Sindhu has been named as the ambassadors for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s new initiative called ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’ movement.
What is Bharat Ki Laxmi?
This initiative by PM Modi aims to bring commendable work done by women across the country to light ahead of the Diwali festival. The Bharat Ki Laxmi campaign underscores the cause of women empowerment as well as celebrates extraordinary achievements of extraordinary women of India. PM Modi also shared a video in this regard.
Some Indian Government Schemes for Women Empowerment
- Mahila E-haat– It is a direct online marketing platform launched by Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao- It is a joint initiative run by Ministry of Women and Child Development, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- One Stop Centre Scheme: Popularly known as ‘Sakhi‘.
- Working Women Hostels
- Swadhar Greh The Swadhar scheme- for rehabilitation of women in difficult circumstances was launched by Union Ministry of Women and Child Developmentin 2002.
- STEP Scheme: STEP stands for- ‘The Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women’
Tags: Bharat Ki Laxmi • Deepika Padukone • Narendra Modi • PV Sindhu • Women Empowement