Women Entrepreneurship Platform Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Third edition of Women Transforming India Awards to be organized by Government think- tank NITI Aayog on 16th December. On this occasion NITI Aayog will also launch the upgraded portal of Women Entrepreneurship Platform. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu will present the awards to the women. The theme for this year awards is – ‘Women and Entrepreneurship’ and 15 winners have been selected.
Women Transforming India Awards
The awards were launched in 2016 to recognize the exceptional women who are working hard and making difference in lives of others. It invites the stories of women entrepreneurs from the country, who are doing innovative work to address the key development challenges and impacting the communities.
The nominations of the awards were opened on the launch of Women Entrepreneurship Platform in March this year. The event will include panel discussions consists of entrepreneurs, investors, and experts.
National Institution for Transforming India was launched on 1st January 2015 to achieve Sustainable Development Goals and enhance cooperative federalism by increasing involvement of states in the policy making process. The initiative consists of 5 years road map plan and 7 years vision, strategy and action plan. NITI Aayog replaced the 65 years old Planning Commission of India.
Functions of NITI Aayog
- To enhance the involvement of States in decision making process by fostering cooperative federalism.
- To promote innovation, knowledge and entrepreneurial support system through a collaborative community of national and international experts.
- Incorporating National security in economic strategy and policy.
- To maintain state-of-the-art resource center for best practices in sustainable and equitable development and promote good governance.
- Formulate the strategies at village level and integrate these at higher levels of government.
- To work towards the technology up-gradation for implementation of policies.
- The design framework for strategic and long-term policies and monitor their progress.
Board of NITI Aayog
The board consists of a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Ex-Officio members, Chief Executive Officer, Special Invitees, Full time members and Governing Council.
Chairperson – The Prime Minister of India
Vice Chairperson – Rajiv Kumar
Chief Executive Officer – Amitabh Kant
Governing Council – All Chief minister of Stated and LG of Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Special Invitees.
NITI Aayog has signed Statement of Intent (SoI) with noted media personality and entrepreneur Sushant Singh Rajput to collaborate and support its flagship Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) initiative. In his new role, actor turned entrepreneur will support NITI’s initiative for women entrepreneurs, to fund women-led startups to establish a vibrant, enabling entrepreneurial ecosystem for women of the country. He will also promote Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) digital payments app for cashless economy by appearing in various video, print and social media campaigns of NITI Aayog. He will also support NITI Aayog in promoting Women Transforming India Awards 2018 with theme ‘Women and Entrepreneurship’.
Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP)
NITI Aayog had launched Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) in March 2018 on the occasion of the International Women’s Day.
- Build ecosystem for women across India to realize their entrepreneurial aspirations, scale-up innovative initiatives and chalk-out sustainable, long-term strategies for their businesses.
- Power vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem through enabling network of industry collaborations, partnerships, mentors and peer-to-peer connect.
WEP helps aspiring women entrepreneurs in three different ways which is manifested as its three pillars. They are
- Ichha Shakti: Motivating aspiring entrepreneurs to start their enterprise.
- Gyaan Shakti: Providing knowledge and ecosystem support to women entrepreneurs to help them foster entrepreneurship.
- Karma Shakti: Providing hands-on support to entrepreneurs in setting-up and scaling up businesses