writer Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Senior Kannada writer Dr. Malleshappa Madivalappa Kalburgi passed away in Dharwad, Karnataka. He was 77.
Dr. Kalburgi died after he was shot dead by unidentified persons in his residence in Dharwad.
He was scholar of Vachana sahitya (Vachana literature), Kannada epigraphist and academician who had served as the Vice-Chancellor of Kannada University in Hampi.
About Malleshappa Madivalappa Kalburgi
- M. M. Kalburgi was born 1938 in Yaragal (now in Karnataka) in then Bombay Presidency.
- His work: He has written over 20 publications, including Neeru Neeradisittu, Sarangarshi, Kachhittu Kalyan.
- As a rationalist and left ideologue he had openly spoken against idolatry tradition in Hinduism.
- Awards and Honours: He was conferred with the Sahitya Akademi award (2006) for his collection of research articles titled Marga 4.
- He also was conferred with Nrupatunga Award, Basava Puraskara, Nrupatunga Award and Pampa award for his contribution to Kannada literature.
Legendary Telugu writer Dasaradhi Rangacharya passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana after a brief illness. He was 87.
About Dasaradhi Rangacharya
- Dasaradhi was on 24 August 1928 in Khammam District erstwhile Hyderabad State now in Telangna.
- Hyderabad liberation Struggle: He had actively participated in fight against the Nizam’s autocratic rule and also took part in the Telangana Armed Struggle till Hyderabad was liberated in Operation Polo.
- Work: He had written number of books highlighting the life and agony of the people at the grass roots level especially in the then Telangana region.
- His novels Chillara Devullu (The Lesser Deities)-1969, Moduga Poolu (Fire Flowers)-1971 are well known for influencing Telugu people against oppression by the rulers.
- He also had translated all four Vedas, Ramayana and Mahabharata into Telugu. His autobiography was Jeevanayanam.
- Awards: He was awarded Sahitya Academy award for Chillara Devullu.