Yaad-e-Jallian Museum Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The ‘Azaadi ke Diwane’ museum dedicated to the unsung heroes of the country’s freedom struggle was inaugurated at the Red Fort premises.
Azaadi ke Diwane Museum
- The Museum is built by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- The Museum pays homage to hundreds of freedom fighters who do not find mention in popular culture.
- The Museum has attempted to document these unsung hero’s contributions to India’s Freedom Struggle.
- The Museum pays tribute to the selfless sacrifices of the revolutionaries, brave women freedom fighters and valiant children.
- The Museum is part of Kranti Mandir Series to inspire the younger generation and to let them know the cost of freedom that the great fighters achieved by sacrificing their lives.
- Azaadi ke Diwane is a digitised and interactive museum with a state-of-the-art, informative and educational exhibition allowing the visitors to engage with the exhibits through multi-sensor technology.
Kranti Mandir Series
Kranti Mandir is India’s tribute to the revolutionary zeal and courage of the great freedom fighters. Other Museums which are part of the Kranti Mandir series are Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum, Yaad-e-Jallian Museum and Museum on 1857- India’s first war of Independence were inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the eve of Republic Day.
Tags: Archaeological Survey of India • ASI • Azaadi ke Diwane Museum • Freedom Struggle • Kranti Mandir Series
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum, Yaad-e-Jallian Museum (museum on the Jallianwala Bagh and World War I), the Museum on 1857- India’s first war of Independence, and Drishyakala-Museum on Indian Art within the Red Fort complex.
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum
The Subhash Chandra Bose museum at Red Fort was inaugurated to mark the Netaji’s 122nd birth anniversary. This Museum on Subhash Chandra Bose and the Indian National Army showcases different artifacts related to Netaji and Indian National Army which includes a wooden chair and sword used by the Netaji, medals, badges and uniforms. The museum in the Red Fort complex is also important for the fact that INA trails were held within the Red Fort complex.
The Yaad-e-Jallian Museum provides an authentic account of Jallianwala Bagh massacre happened on April 13, 1919. The Yaad-e-Jallian Museum will also showcase the heroism, valor and sacrifices made by Indian soldiers during World War-1.
Museum on 1857- India’s first war of Independence
The Museum on 1857- India’s first war of Independence portrays the historical narrative of 1857 war of independence, showcasing the valor and sacrifices made by Indians during the period.
Drishyakala-Museum on Indian Art
The Drishyakala-Museum on Indian Art showcases Indian art works from 16th century till India’s independence.