Yaad Karo Kurbani Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Yaad Karo Kurbani (remember the sacrifices) celebrations at birthplace of freedom fighter Chandra Shekhar Azad at Alirajpur, Madhya Pradesh.
The Yaad Karo Kurbani is 15-day programme aimed to commemorate 75th anniversary of the Quit India Movement (QIM) and 70 years of Independence.
- The 70 saal Azaadi, Yaad karo Qurbani campaign is aimed at developing a feeling in every person that nation is first and individual is secondary.
- It seeks to provide an opportunity for the people to recall the supreme sacrifices made by freedom fighters during freedom struggle.
- Central ministers will visit various historic locations associated with freedom movement to rekindle the patriotism fervour in the country and ensure a festive atmosphere.
- The focus of the campaign is to reach out to youngsters and inform them of the unsung heroes and the history of the freedom struggle.
- Commemoration events for freedom struggle heroes will also be organised at their hometowns and villages.
Quit India Movement
- QIM is also known as Civil Disobedience or August Kranti movement.
- The mass movement was launched on 8th August 1942 at the Bombay session of All India Congress Committee (AICC).
- It launched after Mahatma Gandhi made a call to Do or Die in his Quit India speech delivered at the Gowalia Tank Maidan in Mumbai on 8th August 1942 after the Cripps Mission had failed.
- The movement was started during the World War II demanding an end to the British rule in India. It demanded an orderly British withdrawal from India.
- Many Congressmen and other participating in the movement even Mahatma Gandhi were jailed and most remained in jail till the end of World war.