Yes Bank Current Affairs
India’s fifth largest private sector lender Yes Bank has listed $600 million bond issued under its maiden $1 billion MTN programme on Global Securities Market (GSM) of India INX. The bank will use proceeds from this bond to fund the bank’s IFSC Banking Unit (IBU) in Gift City and expand IBU’s rapidly growing business opportunities.
Yes Bank’s MTN (medium term note) bonds issuance has received overwhelming response from international investors. It has been already listed on London Stock Exchange International Securities Market (LSE ISM) and Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (SGX).
India International Exchange (India INX)
Indai-INX is India’s first international exchange at IFSC Gujarat International Financial Tech (GIFT) City, Gandhinagar (Gujarat). It is wholly-owned subsidiary of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), through its global bourse. It is one of world’s most advanced and fastest trading technology platforms with turn-around time of 4 micro seconds. It operates for 22 hours a day allowing international investors and NRIs to trade from anywhere across globe. It trades in equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives including Index and Stocks. It also offers depository receipts and bonds.
India’s leading private lender Yes Bank has been awarded inaugural Green Bond Pioneer Award at a ceremony held in London, United Kingdom.
Yes Bank was bestowed with this award in recognition for its pioneering efforts in the Green Bonds market including successful issuance of India’s first ever Green Infrastructure Bonds.
Yes Bank Green Bond Initiatives
- Yes Bank was the first Indian Bank to issue Green Infrastructure Bonds (GIBs) in India. It had issued India’s first-ever GIBs worth 1,000 crore rupees in 2015.
- Proceeds from these green bonds will be used to fund Renewable Energy projects including solar power and wind power projects
- Yes Bank along with International Finance Corporation (IFC) also had opened trading of the world’s first Green Masala Bond worth 3.15 billion rupees listed on the London Stock Exchange.
About Green Bond Pioneer Award
- The Green Bond Pioneer Awards for ‘Pioneers in Emerging Markets-India’ were organised by Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI).
- This award was launched to increase awareness on green bonds in the global investor and corporate community and also to acknowledge global leadership in the sector.
- CBI is an international non-profit investor focused on mobilising the US 100 trillion dollars green bond market for climate change solutions.
What are Green Bonds?
- Bonds basically are debt instruments which help issuer to get capital while the investors receive fixed income in the form of interest.
- In case of Green Bonds, the issuer gets capital from the investors only if the investment (capital) is being raised to fund green projects relating to renewable energy or emission reductions etc.