The second Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Indologis Award for the year 2016 was awarded to Prof. Yu Long Yu of China.
He was presented with this award by President Pranab Mukherjee at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
About Prof. Yu Long Yu
- He is Professor and Director at the Centre for Indian Studies, Shenzhen University. He has studied Indology for half a century and is the pioneer for Indology in South China.
- He has set up the Centre for Indian Studies and Tan Yunshan Sino-Indian Friendship Museum in Shenzhen University.
About ICCR Indologist Award
- It is an annual award instituted by ICCR. It carries prize amount of US$ 20000.
- It is bestowed upon eminent Indologists working abroad who have made outstanding contribution to the study/research/teaching of India’s history, philosophy, thought, art, culture, literature, languages, civilization, society etc.
- The first award was presented to Prof. Heinrich Freiherr Von Stietencron of Germany in 2015.