Zambia Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX) will be held at Aundh Military Station and College of Military Engineering, Pune from 18 March to 27 March 2019.
The modalities for the IAFTEX were discussed in the conference held between 23-24 January 2019. The conference saw attendance from delegates of Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique, Uganda, Niger and Zambia.
Features of the IAFTX
The important features of the IAFTX are:
- IAFTX joint exercise is being conducted between India and a dozen African Countries.
- The joint exercise aims at synergising humanitarian mine action and joint peace operations.
- The joint exercise is a step forward towards growing political and military ties with the member nations of the African continent and will boost the already strong strategic cooperation between the countries.
- The joint exercise will see participation from Nigeria, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, Mozambique and Uganda.
- The exercise is being conducted with an aim to synergise United Nations peacekeeping operations.
- The exercise will aid in forging better military ties and extending India’s outreach in Africa.
Also, it is expected that Army Chief General Bipin Rawat along with senior officers from participating nations would attend the validation ceremony once the exercise is concluded.
President Ram Nath Kovind embarked on three-nation official state visit to African countries of Equatorial Guinea, Swaziland and Zambia from April 7 to 12, 2018. It will be first-ever visit by any head of state of India to Equatorial Guinea and Swaziland. Indian President’s visit to Zambia will be taking place after 29 years.
The visit will help to further deepen relations between three African countries. It will be overall President Kovind’s visit third visit to African continent since he took office. Earlier in March 2018, President had undertaken two-nation visit to Madagascar and Mauritius.
Key Highlights of President’s visit
Equatorial Guinea: The visit comes at invitation of Equatorial Guinea President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo. President Obiang will also host fficial banquet lunch for President Kovind. Indian President will address the Indian community at a reception organised by Embassy of India.
Swaziland: President Kovind will be received by King of Swaziland, Mswati-III. He will hold delegation-level talks with the Swazi officials. President Kovind and King Mswati-III will jointly inaugurate Information Technology Centre located in Royal Science and Technology Park (RSTP).
Zambia: President Kovind will be received by his Zambian counterpart Edgar Chagwa Lunguand. Later he will have delegation-level talks with Zambian side. He will also have interaction event with Indian community and addressing business event.