Tata Power And Wipro Emerged As Most Ethical Companies in India
As per the study of Ethisphere Institute (USA), Wipro Limited and Tata Power Company emerged as the only Indian entities in the 2014 list of World’s Most Ethical Companies.
2014 World’s Most Ethical (WME) Companies
- Assessment is based on the Ethisphere Institute’s Ethics Quotient framework. Ethisphere that has prepared a list of 144 companies of different sectors viz. Aerospace and Defense, Agriculture, Automotive, Banking, Computer Services, Chemicals, Electronics, etc.
- Key categories that are taken into account while scoring the companies: Ethics and compliance programme (25%), reputation, leadership and innovation (20%), governance (10%), corporate citizenship and responsibility (25%) and culture of ethics (20%).
- Only three Indian global firms that are headed by an India-origin individuals are in the list viz. Satya Nadella-led software giant Microsoft Corporation, Indra Nooyi-led beverages company PepsiCo and Shantanu Narayen-led software major Adobe Systems.
- Indian Entities: Wipro Limited and Tata Power. (Wipro and Tata Steel also bagged the 2012 and 2013 list of WME companies).
- Dell, Intel, Microsoft, Google, etc, are in the list.
- WME honorees not only promote ethical business standards and practices internally, they exceed legal compliance minimums and shape future industry standards by introducing best practices today.
- Provides a comprehensive sampling of definitive criteria of core competencies, rather than all aspects of corporate governance, risk, sustainability, compliance and ethics.
Note: The Ethisphere Institute is an independent center of research, best practices and thought leadership that promotes best practices in corporate ethics and compliance and enables organizations to improve governance, mitigate risk and enhance relationships with employees, business partners, investors and the broad regulatory community.
Categories: Business & Economy Current Affairs 2017