TCS set to replace Genpact as top BPO
The BPO unit of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is set to take the No. 1 slot in the business category in India, replacing long-time leader Genpact. The change in BPO market ranking could happen either in the just-concluded December quarter or the ongoing January-March quarter.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- An Indian multinational information technology (IT) services, business solutions and consulting company.
- Founded: 1968 by J.R.D Tata.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Operates in 46 countries and has 199 branches across the world.
- Offers: BPO services for the banking, financial and insurance sector, retail and consumer packaged goods, drug development, telecom, media and manufacturing. It has invested in building domain expertise and made acquisitions to fill gaps in their portfolio. TCS bought the captive BPO arm of Citigroup for $505 million in October 2008, one of the largest acquisitions in the IT-BPO space till then.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking